Aspen Country Day School welcomes gifts of stock, real estate, or other marketable securities. To receive more information about making a gift of stock or other securities, contact Mark Bell, Director of Advancement: email@example.com or 970-429-3845.
Wire transfers or EFT
Aspen Country Day School accepts gifts via wire transfer or EFT. To receive instructions and more information, contact Mark Bell, Director of Advancement: firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-429-3845.
Planned giving or Charitable Remainder Trusts
Have you considered including Aspen Country Day School in your will or other tax-friendly giving vehicles such as Charitable Remainder Trusts? To receive more information about including the school in your estate planning and other planned giving opportunities, contact Mark Bell, Director of Advancement: email@example.com or 970-429-3845.
Corporate matching programs
Does your employer offer a corporate matching gift program? If so, you may be able to increase your donation to Aspen Country Day School. Many employers sponsor matching gift programs to match charitable contributions made by their employees. Gifts from retirees and spouses may also qualify for a match. Ask your employer if your company has a matching gift program, or contact Mark Bell, Director of Advancement: firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-429-3845.
Making a gift from your IRA
Have you considered making a gift to Aspen Country Day School from your IRA? As you plan to take the distributions the government requires after a certain age, consider using some of these funds as a charitable gift. Individuals ages 70 1/2 and over can make charitable gifts directly from a traditional IRA account without incurring federal income tax on the withdrawl. The IRA charitable rollover provides you with an excellent opportunity to make gifts during your lifetime from an asset that might be subject to multiple levels of taxation if it remains in your taxable estate.
- You must be age 70 1/2 or older at the time of the gift
- Transfers must be made directly from a traditional IRA account by your IRA administrator. Funds that are withdrawn by you and then contributed do NOT qualify. Gifts from 401k, 403b, SEP, and other plans do not qualify.
- Gifts must be outright. Distributions to donor-advised funds or life-income arrangements such as charitable remainder trusts and charitable gift annuities are not allowed.
To make a gift from your IRA:
- Contact your IRA administrator and instruct that person to transfer funds to the charities you designate.
- IRA administrators don’t always include the donors’ names on distribution checks. Please let us know in advance so we’ll be able to identify your gift Also, please let us know if you would like your gift used for a particular purpose. Thank you!
The Colorado Child Care Contribution Tax Credit
Gifts to Aspen Country Day School designated to support the PreKindergarten program may be eligible for a 50% Colorado state income tax credit. To learn more about this tax credit, please consult the Colorado Department of Revenue’s guidelines for the Child Care Contribution tax credit here. To receive more information about taking advantage of the Colorado Child Care Contribution tax credit, please contact Mark Bell, Director of Advancement: email@example.com or 970-429-3845.
Donating a physical item
Depending on the school’s needs and the quality or conditions of the item(s), Aspen Country Day School does accept in-kind donations for which the donor may take a tax deduction. To inquire about making an in-kind donation, please contact Mark Bell, Director of Advancement: firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-429-3845.
City Market Community Rewards
If you shop at City Market and use a Value Card (shopper’s reward card), Aspen Country Day School can benefit at no cost to you. Once you have enrolled your card in the Community Rewards program and designate Aspen Country Day School, our school will receive monetary rewards each time you shop at City Market or Kroger. Here’s how to do it:
- Log on to www.citymarketcommunityrewards.com
- Create your digital account for shopping
- Go to “find your organization” and select Aspen Country Day School, or search for non-profit number TU078)
- Link your card to our organization
Here’s another easy way to support the school you love — by shopping on Amazon. The retail giant will give .5% of each eligible purchase to the charity of your choice. We hope you will select Aspen Country Day School! Click here to begin.
Nonprofit CARES Act charitable contributions
The Conoronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act made several changes to charitable contribution limitation rules for individuals and corporations. These were in effect for 2020; stay tuned for more information about how they may apply to future years.
- Individuals who take the standard deduction on their tax return (non-itemizers) can contribute up to $300 cash to most 501(c)(3) charitable organizations and claim a new “above the line” deductions. Previously, there was no charitable contribution tax deduction available for taxpayers who did not itemize deductions.
- Individuals who itemize their deductions can deduct up to 100% of their adjusted gross income (AGI) for cash contributions to most 501(c)(3) organizations. The deduction was previously capped at 60% of AGI for cash contributions.
- Corporate donors may also make charitable contributions, and under the CARES Act may benefit from increased allowances.